This week we’ll welcome the first day of Fall and the first weekend of Fall Festivals in Atlanta. Among the many options is one my favorites, Taste of Atlanta. If you haven’t been yet, what are you waiting for?
This year marks the 14th year of Atlanta’s ultimate foodie experience. You’ll not only find some of your favorite restaurants dishing out tasty bites, you’ll also be able to watch as chefs demonstrate what makes them a force in their own right. Additionally, you can roll up your sleeves and participate in hands on demonstrations and even lend your support to Taste of Atlanta’s beneficiary, Share Our Strength’s Cooking Matters, by being a part of the Silent Auction.
You can also:
- Attend the VIP Grand Tasting Experience with Beer and Wine from Hop City,
- Watch Atlanta’s top bartenders compete for the title of Taste of Atlanta’s Best Bartender,
- Experience the ultimate cookout at the Big Green Egg Grilling Stage,
- Visit The Chef’s Table to hear some of Atlanta’s culinarians share their journeys along with tips, techniques and tastes,
- Get our younger foodies involved at the Carnival’s Kids Corner filled with demonstrations and activities.
An exciting new feature of this year’s event is a cashless payment system. Veteran attendees are very familiar with the Taste Coupons of years past. The new system is supposed to make entry and purchases easier and faster for attendees. Sadly, it sounds like the gifting of leftover tickets to another festival goer after you’ve had you fill may not be an option anymore. I’ll miss that.
On the upside, there is one event in particular that overshadows the leftover ticket deal. That happens to be the Friday Night Bucket List Bash. This exclusive Block Party will feature about 20 Restaurants, music from Five Bone Rack and Blair Crimmins and the Hookers, and the three D’s. That’s dancing, drinking and dining. Sounds fun already, right?!
If you’ve already experienced Taste of Atlanta and have plans to attend this weekend, I look forward to bumping into you. If you haven’t, it’s time for you to check it off of your bucket list.
To learn more and to buy tickets to Taste of Atlanta